J-O-Y

If someone were to ask me what song would best serve as the soundtrack of my life at this point, it would have to be ‘Joy’ by the group, The Soil. This is because inexpressible joy seems to be oozing out of every part of my being! There is this “feeling” deep inside my soul, inside my being, that I cannot not even begin to describe because I think that I would not do justice to it! The best I can do is to call it what it is, and that is J-O-Y! I am very deliberate in the choice of word I am deciding to call this state of being that I am in. I do not refer to it as a feeling, because feelings are fleeting, but a state of being is more solid, it more fixed, it is more permanent. I am not referring to it as happiness, because in my view happiness is more often than not linked to a set of circumstances whereas joy is something that you can possess regardless of your circumstances, whether they be good or bad! Joy may have an element of happiness but the two terms are not, well in my view anyway, synonymous. It is as though I went to bed one evening harbouring the world’s worries in my heart and carrying all its challenges on my shoulders, and woke up the next morning a completely refreshed being. A being whose burdens have been taken away, a soul whose anxieties have been allayed! It is not to say that one no longer faces challenges or no longer grapples with certain issues, but despite these challenges and issues, I have joy in my heart! I think that I am beginning to know, truly know the meaning of the verse in the book of Philippians that calls on us to Rejoice in the Lord. I say it again Rejoice in the Lord! This peace that I have in my heart, this joy that I possess could only can from my God, who supplies all my needs! He has given me what I needed most: peace and joy. I have this joy, in the Lord; for I know that no weapon formed against me shall prosper. I know that my God has got my back (this is what I have been teaching my Children’s Church Class)! I know that what my God has planned for my life is beyond what I could even expect in my wildest dreams for He said in His Word that no ear has heard, no eye has seen and no mind has conceived the good things that God has prepared for those who love him. I am further convinced that my God is faithful and what He says about me shall come to be, in His perfect timing He shall expedite it! Though it linger, it shall certainly come. It shall not delay! I’ve got joy in my heart and I know its wonderful feeling followed by a sense of healing….*Singing, Singing* Signed, One Joyful Lady!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking Out Loud

Same WhatsApp Group?

#Mozgetaway