"Let's Get It On" -

Isn't it just strange how on a random day, a song starts playing on the radio and that song evokes a certain memory? Yeah, I'm sure sure we can all identify with that. For me, it actually goes beyond music evoking memories of days gone by. In fact it's quit bizarre, and I think that as an antidote, perhaps if I write these down, it will serve some kind of therapeutic purpose. It's funny how a lot of these random things take one back to a specific time in history. But hey, don't they say that when the world gives you lemons, you make lemonade? Well, in that case here's to making lemonade - cheers to the memories of days gone by. Oh yes, let's not forget that each time we make lemonade, we ought to make double sure that the bitter seeds have been removed. So if you are reading this, fill your glass to the brim and enjoy my sweet (seed-free, figuratively speaking) lemonade.

In some instances, I may offer a bit more detail regarding what I have termed the "memory evokers" and in other instances I shall be silent regarding the "memory evoker". However, given your affinity to me, you may be able to make the link, and if you do, then  lift that glass of lemonade and CHEERS! 3,2,1 here goes!

1) Mmalo-We by Jabu Khanyile
2) Ntyilo Ntyilo...
3) Caramel Popocorn: I can't help but laugh here. Sorry.
4) Mugg & Bean Breakfasts. Just the other day, I went for a quick coffee at M&B and as soon as I walked in, it was like I was transported to days gone by!
5) One thing does beat the M&B breakfasts though: homemade breakfast of scrambled eggs, cottage cheese and avo.
6) Ice cream: Magnum and Woolies Tin Roof to be precise.

My my, I'm seeing a pattern here....you got me, I'm a #foodie

7) The strong scent of black coffee
8) Monkeys: the cute "animal-children" kind
9) Crazy 8
10) 30 seconds
11) Vorsprung Durch Technik
12) Foot massages: the best I ever had, Soulstice and Life Day Spa could sure take notes
12) Ben Okri Literature: one book in particular where protagonist is a guy named Omovo.
13) Mojitos.... I hear that the best ones are made at a place somewhere on Long Street in Cape Town
14) Isibaya.... Not cattle kraal but rather the tv series...
15) Nomkhi. Enough said. Thank you. Bye.

Ok that's enough for now.

Ok so, the title of this post? Why did I choose to name after a song? Well, I once read abook by Fred Khumalo, titled Bitches Brew. The book is basically comprised of a series of letters that the two protagonists write to one another. Each letter that Zakes writes to Lettie is named after a song that in his view evokes certain memories. So, I too found it fitting, to, like Zakes, title this post after a song by Marvin Gaye that was there from the beginning...
 
CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking Out Loud

Same WhatsApp Group?

#Mozgetaway