Pork Legs....and good friends

A few weeks ago, I received a watsapp message from a very good friend of mine telling me that her aunt had passed on to glory. Even though I had never met her, I knew about her and what a big role she had played in my friend, Dimakasto's upbringing and life in general.  I met Dimakatso in 2008, where we were both interns at the same department. We hit if off immediately. I have a pretty good idea why we hit the ground running! Dima, as I call her, is woman of faith, a daughter of the Most High God. So when our paths crossed, I knew that I had found a sister in Christ!  Over the years that we have known each other, there have been extended periods of time where we have not seen each other, but the fact that we share the very same foundation, has kept our friendship alive! After the service, on 20 April 2014, I met her siblings and other family members and it actually felt like I had known these people for as long as I had know Dima. Such a warm family. I ended up spending the afternoon, chilling 'kasi-style' with Dima, her family and their friends. My dear friend insisted that it would be a crime, to come all the way to Atteridgeville and not eat the local delicacy of pork legs, with spice and Worcester sauce.  It was an epic afternoon, as we both sat outside, pork leg in each of our hands and caught up with developments in each others lives over the past four years! It was great to meet her future hubby and some of her future in-laws!! Dima, I look forward sharing in some of the milestones that lie ahead. I look forward to your housewarming (congratulations to you and Pontsho on the new house!!), I look forward to your wedding, I look forward to welcoming your beautiful future children with Pontsho!!! Those pork legs were outa this world!!!!! (I really have been blessed with awesome friends, all of them rock).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thinking Out Loud

Same WhatsApp Group?

#Mozgetaway